Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Special Note from a Former Cougar Volleyball Player

Just received this email from Diana Marques, who played for the Cougars in 1999 and was a member of coach Chris Green's first regional championship. She is doing well and the website when she visited brought back many memories of her two years in Scottsbluff. Here is the email of what Diana remembered about her times at WNCC.

"Hi Mark, I am not sure if you will remember me. I was one of the two first brazilians that played at Western Nebraska, Diana Marques, remember me? I was looking at the WNCC website the other day, and I was remembering the old good times I had in Nebraska. I miss practing at the Cougar pPalace, having art classes right by the court, running down to your office to get some copies of the pictures, talking to coach Green before lunch time at the dorm cafeteria, and the nice and warm embracing I had from the whole College community there.
I am back in Brazil now, working at an ad agency (using the degree I started at WNCC and finished at Metro State - Denver). I have been here for about 2 years now, and I am loving it, but I sure think about my experience in the US, and with great warmth in my heart, I remembered my second homeland, Scottsbluff.

I was just sending you this e-mail to keep contact, even though I am so far away now, and to tell you ( the one person that kept track of all my stages of getting used to the american culture there) thank you for all your dedication to the volleyball and all the athletics at WNCC. You made my passage there memorable with all your talent to freeze the moment. I hope to hear from you soon, and tell me how are they doing there without the first brazilian pioneers. The cougars were and will always be MY TEAM.

Take Care,
Diana Marques (volleyball alumini of 2000) - brazilian citizen - adopted daughter of Nebraska"

No comments: